Sunday, October 30, 2011

OTHER VOICES

I heard other voices but they were shy.
I heard other voices and wanted to cry.
First they were loud and then they were soft
then they were quiet and then they were lost.
So many have come and so many have gone

I heard other voices, they didn’t care
I heard other voices, no need to beware
Them that are left will be leaving soon too
Loud and then soft and then quiet and then lost

I heard other voices none of them mine
I heard other voices that seemed out of time
I heard other voices, saying farewell to the wolf
I heard other voices, saying farewell to the whale


I heard other voices that began to cry out
I heard Rachel and Teddy and Aldo and Al
I heard Henry and visited the "Outermost House"
I heard another voice at first it was shy
Then it was soft and finally loud

I heard other voices, deep down in my heart
I heard other voices so loud and so clear
I heard other voices, calling to the wolf
I heard other voices, calling to the whale

I heard other voices with so little time.
I heard other voices and finally mine.
At first lost and then quiet
then soft and then loud

No comments:

Post a Comment