Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Monument Fire- Sierra Vista Arizona 6/19/11

We are preparing to travel to Sierra Vista this morning and according to the weather report winds will reach 50 miles per hour this afternoon. I feel extremely bad for those people who have lost their homes and I am also concerned about the effects on local wildlife. Here is a report on today's weather.

50 mph winds possible near Monument Fire Sunday
06/18/2011 06:42 PM
TUCSON - The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for Cochise, Graham & Greenlee Counties. This will be in effect Sunday from 12 PM until 7 PM.
A Red Flag Warning will also be in effect Sunday, from 10 AM until 8 PM for all of southern Arizona.
News 4 Meteorologist Jeff Beamish predicts west-southwest winds up to 50 MPH Sunday near the Monument Fire. Gusty winds combined with low relative humidity & dry fuels will lead to an extreme fire danger.
For that reason, Sunday's Wildfire Index has been set at its highest level, which is a 10.
For a complete look at Jeff's True View 4 extended forecast, visit KVOA.com/weather.

I'm not sure what I will encounter today but whatever it is I will report it here tonight. I am hoping for the best but with winds this fierce I am concerned for the people in the area as well as the birds, animals, trees in and around San Pedro.

No comments:

Post a Comment