Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I decided to take a walk before eating a big Thanksgiving meal so I headed off to the Desert Museum. I always take my camera and today I would be especially glad I did.
Normally the cougars are asleep or you can only spot one of them but today they were both out and about. These are beautiful animals that can be found in the wild here in southern Arizona.


I wanted to check out the new female bear but the only sign of life in her enclosure was this Black Phoebe and a Swainson's Thrush.
This deer was very curious and spent as much time watching me as I did watching it.
The highlight of the walk was the Bobcats that were both out and about which was the first time I had seen them together.
They were very active,playful and affectionate with each other. It was a great experience and something I never expected to see.



This female American Kestrel was on display along one of the paths I walked and I stopped to say hello and talk to the docent about the small hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment