Friday, April 9, 2010

Golden Eagle Harassed by Ravens

Thursday afternoon I took a scouting/photography trip to Arivaca Arizona to check out the wildflower bloom which you may remember I predicted would be spectacular due to the abundance of winter rain in the area. Well I have been talking to folks in the environmental community and beyond and the most frequent comment is "I have never seen it like this before" so I had to see for myself. At the end of my trip when I was headed home I witnessed this amazing sequence of events.
This Golden Eagle was being chased by a couple of Ravens which are pretty big birds and they were ganging up on this magnificent bird.
These first few shots are of the Eagle landing in a tree in an attempt to get away from the Ravens.



Roosting.
From this point the shots are of the eagle taking flight which was a beautiful thing to see.










No comments:

Post a Comment