Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Saguaro Forest?


I have tried on many occasions to shoot a photo that would illustrate the term "Saguaro Forest". Saguaros have a tendency to stand out when I look at them and then blend into their surroundings when I snap the shutter. On more than one occasion I have thought that I captured the essence of the "forest" only to find out later that it was not to be.
I took this shot this morning at Gates Pass looking west toward the Baboquivari Mountain Range in the background. To get the full impact of the term "forest" click on the photo to see the enlarged version. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Great shot Ray. I know what you mean. It's hard to describe or capture on camera for people to see. But there are times when the Saguaro stick out and everyone just sees this immense forest of Saguaros....I think you got the right sunlight for this shot:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photograph, Ray. You did capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shot Ray. I know how difficult it is to capture that forest..you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I never really got "saguaro forest", but not I get it. Great shot. And the South rim photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean, 'NOW" I get it!

    ReplyDelete