Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ferruginous Hawk


I spent some time today at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum photographing hawks during their morning Raptor Free Flight Program.  I have rented a great lens (Canon Ef 2.8 70-200 IS USM II with 2x multiplier) for next week which will allow me to expand my range and I want to be ready for a solid week of photographing nature including hawks in the wild. We will be heading to Whitewater Draw to photograph Sandhill Cranes and Snow Geese and to Madera Canyon which has been a great birding spot for us in the past.
I plan to spend a good part of a day on the Sandhills which has been an area of interest for me for several years. Whitewater usually has quite a few surprises From Ibises to Herons so it should be a great experience.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ferruginous_Hawk/id

For those of you who like to know about such things the definition of ferruginous is "Having the color of iron rust; reddish-brown."


1 comment:

  1. Great shot!! Look forward to your Whitewater adventures. I didn't know you could rent lens! That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete