Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Stream Where There Was None....


I took another hike through Sabino Canyon on Tuesday morning starting out at daybreak when there are fewer people walking, running or riding their bikes. My purpose was twofold including keeping an eye out for mountain lions which have been spotted in the lower canyon within the last couple of weeks  and mostly to photograph the newly filled stream that just days ago was as dry as a bone. The canyon takes on a whole different look and feel when there is water rushing down from the Santa Catalina Mountains from the recent rain and snow (above 5000 feet).
I concentrated on walking into the canyon along the main road about 2 1/2 to 3 miles taking mostly photos of the stream, bridges and vegetation. I will be heading back to the canyon to photograph the area around Sabino Dam tomorrow after which I will come back and add my best shots and talk more about my experiences in the canyon this month.
There is still a chance that I could see mountain lions but it is only a very small one and I can hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment