Thursday, February 21, 2013

More Winter Saguaros


Here are some additional photo's that were requested by an avid plant person from Costa Mesa California. Seeing snow covered saguaro's is a rarity and you have to be quick to get out as the snow only lasts a very short time, as a matter of fact it melted away so quickly that I didn't get to shoot one whole section of the park that I had planned on visiting. It could be years before we see this again although with the climate changing so rapidly it's possible that it could become more or less frequent. I have seen photo's from the early years in Tucson and there was more snow in the past then we see these days.


It's terrific to have such a beautiful place as my backyard and I am looking forward to the spring migration and hopefully an abundant wildflower season as well.


Here is some information on how saguaros grow. http://www.nps.gov/sagu/naturescience/how-saguaros-grow.htm



2 comments:

  1. Thank u so much, for keeping my request..
    I am from India, biotechnology researcher by profession, living in California since last 2 years.
    I am fascinated with Saguaros..love your blog..learn a lot from it..
    Have published a scientific paper on Joshua tree, may be I will write one on saguaro soon..

    Regards,
    Seema

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. If there is any information that you would like let me know and I'll see what I can do.

    Regards
    Ray

    ReplyDelete